This recipe comes from Mels kitchen cafe
This was the first time I’ve ever cooked with dried beans, because I always thought it would be too difficult. It was pretty easy, it just took a few days to get around to cooking this because I kept forgetting to soak my beans!
-1 lb dried great northern beans ( I thought this was way too many after cooking, so next time I will only use 1/2)
-3 lbs country style pork ribs
-salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons canola oil
-6 garlic cloves- minced
-3 cups chicken broth
-1 can tomato paste
-1 teaspoon dried thyme
-1 bay leaf
-1 pack turkey sausage- cut into 1 inch chunks
-2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
-1/4 cup fresh parsley
1. 8-24 hours before soak beans in cold water
2. Drain beans and put into slow cooker
3. Dry ribs with paper towel, then salt & pepper
4. Heat oil over medium until rippling, brown ribs for 4-5 minutes on all sides, then transfer to slow cooker
5. Return skillet, add oil and garlic – stir until fragrant.
6. Add 1 cup chicken broth, paste, thyme, bay leaf & turn heat to high – bring to boil- transfer to slow cooker
7. Add remaining ingredients & cook on low for 8 hours
8. Serve over rice.