I made this for dinner tonight because I’ve had some weird cravings for a grilled chicken salad lately and thought this picture looked so delicious I could eat it up. Jeremiah said the dressing was so good he wanted to drink a glass of it!
This recipe comes from family kitchen on babble.
– 1 large head of romaine or iceberg lettuce
– 2 lbs chicken breasts – I just used two and it was plenty
-4 hard boiled eggs (I used this recipe since I didn’t know how to boil an egg)
– 1 avocado- chopped
– 2 large tomatoes, diced- I just chopped up some cherry tomatoes we had that needed to be used
– 1 cup shredded Monterrey and Colby cheese (or crumbled blue cheese)
– 1 teaspoon lemon zest
– the juice of 1 lemon
– 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
– 2 tablespoons agave syrup ( I just used honey)
– 1/4 cup olive oil
1. Grill chicken however you prefer
2. Add lettuce to a large bowl. Top with cooked and chopped chicken, chopped hard boiled eggs, avocados, tomatoes and cheese.
3. Combine lemon zest, red wine vinegar and agave syrup for salad dressing to a small bowl. Whisk in olive oil.