This is probably one of Jeremiahs favorite things I’ve made recently- and he despises any resemblance to Italian food (even though we were married in Italy). Strange.
This recipe came from mels kitchen cafe
– 1.5 pounds lean ground beef
– 1 yellow onion, coarsely chopped
-2 garlic cloves, finely minced
– 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
-1 tablespoon chili powder
– 2 teaspoons ground cumin
-dash of ground cayenne pepper
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/2 teaspoon pepper
-3 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
-1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
-1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
-1.5 cups frozen corn
-1 (6 oz) can olives, chopped
– 9-12 no boil lasagna noodles
-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
-1 cup sour cream
-8 ounces cream cheese
1. pre heat over to 350, lightly grease a 9×13 inch pan and set aside
2. in a large skiller, brown the ground beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is done. Drain grease. Add the minced garlic and tomato paste. Stir to combine well and cook for about a minute. Stir in the chili powder, cumin, cayenne, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix well. Add the diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Stir to combine. Add the black beans, corn and olives. Mix well and heat through, about 5 minutes
3. Removed skillet from heat. Spread 1/2 cup sauce in bottom of prepared pan. Layer noodles over sauce. Spread 1/3 of the sauce over noodles. Dollop 1/3 of sour cream and 1/3 of cream cheese ( just pinch chunks and toss on top) across the sauce. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the cheeses. Repeat the layers until ingredients are used.
4. Cover the lasagna with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes more, until lasagna is hot and bubbly.
5. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into and serving.